All homeowners’ insurance isn’t created equally. Some will cover more than other plans. That being said, there are some standard things that most homeowners’ insurance will cover.
Here are some things that standard homeowners’ insurance covers.
- Fire and smoke damage. Many plans will cover any damage to your home due to fire, smoke, and even wildfires.
- Damage from storms. This includes many different types of storms, from winter storms to tornadoes and severe thunderstorms. Your home will be covered if it gets hit with lightning. It will also cover any damage caused by the weight of ice, snow, or sleet. Wind and hail storm damage should also be covered.
- Leaky roofs. Though a leaky roof may not seem like a big deal, the cost to fix a home with water damage can become quite extensive. You may also be dealing with mold and other issues.
- Plumbing issues. Most homeowners insurance will cover plumbing issues, especially when dealing with frozen pipes.
- Power surges. Electrical problems, such as power surges, can be quite costly to fix so it is important that your homeowners’ insurance policy will cover these damages.
- Damage caused by other people. This will include theft and may replace some of your belongings. It may also cover damage that may occur due to riots or vandalism.
Here are some things that standard homeowner insurance typically won’t cover.
- Earthquakes. Because earthquakes aren’t typically covered in standard policies, you may want to add earthquake insurance to your policy.
- Flood. Damage caused by floods isn’t usually covered so, even if you don’t live in a flood zone, you may want to add this to your homeowners’ insurance.
- Excessive water damage. Other types of water damage are usually excluded. This may include backup from your septic system.
- Problems due to neglect. If you don’t take care of your home, you may not be protected. Many plans won’t cover any damage due to rust, mold, and other problems that may occur due to general wear and tear.
If you want to make sure that your home is well protected, it is important that you talk to a professional. He or she will be able to talk to you about your options to make sure that you don’t have to worry about replacing your home if something happens.
If you would to like to discuss your options for homeowners insurance please call us at 561-732-9305 our quoting hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM. In addition, you can request a quote online. Please remember, We Handle All the Work, While You Save!