Different businesses need different levels of coverage. Whether you have commercial office buildings with government tenants or a dentist office with confidential medical information, your business could require insurance minimums that change according to your clients, your business size, and the different products or services you offer.
What can you do to make sure your insurance coverage matches your business?
- Let your insurance provider know when your business is growing or changing. If you are considering opening a second restaurant or if you’re expanding the list of services your contractor business offers, that might change the amount and type of insurance you are legally required to have. But with your insurance company in the loop, you don’t have to worry about having too little or too much insurance coverage.
- Work with a local insurance company. Different states enact different legislation. A local provider is more likely to know the specific regulations for your state and county, and that helps keep your company protected. Local companies also have more knowledge about the area so they can more fairly evaluate your risks and liabilities as your company grows.
- Talk to us about having insurance limits that meet industry standards instead of just the legal requirements. If you regularly work with larger corporations, they have boilerplate contracts for their vendors that they usually won’t change. These contracts often specify the insurance requirements they want you to have before they do business with you, and not being able to meet those minimums will often make them go with another company. The right insurance plan can help you stay both protected and competitive.
If your business plan is changing, make sure you keep your insurance company up-to-date. We can help you change your insurance plan so no new portion of your business is at risk. If you would to like to discuss your options for business insurance please call us at 561-732-9305 our quoting hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM. In addition, you can request a quote online. Please remember, We Handle All the Work, While You Save!
Latest posts by Robert Macoviak (see all)
- Homeowner’s Insurance: It’s Not One-Size-Fits-All - 18/07/2018
- Progressive Auto and Home Bundle Now Available in Florida - 10/07/2018
- Protecting Your Home Against Hurricanes - 27/06/2018