Florist business owners need to know the type of insurance that is needed to protect their business. The truth is, there are many different types of insurance that Florist businesses should consider. Whether you own your own shop or work as an independent contractor, there are several different policies available for you to choose from. So, what does your Florist business need?

In this article we’ll cover property coverage, general liability, and commercial vehicle insurance.

Property Insurance Coverage:

Property insurance covers damage to your property, such as a building or business personal property. If you have a property insurance policy, it will cover the cost of replacement or repair to these items in the event they are damaged.

General Liability Insurance:

We think about general liability as an umbrella that covers injuries and damages caused by your business’ operations. It can also provide coverage for claims made against third parties such as vendors and customers who were injured while on your premises during work hours.

General Liability is important because many businesses don’t realize how much this kind of protection costs but, it’s worth every penny! Be sure to choose an agent who offers good rates for Florist Commercial Vehicle Insurance so that you can offer competitive rates to the customer.

Oyer, Macoviak and Associates-Business Insurance

Product Liability Insurance for Florist Businesses

If you operate a business that sells products, product liability insurance can help protect against lawsuits if someone gets hurt or property is damaged because of something they purchased from your store (or even by something you supplied). Product liability coverage typically provides protection in three areas: bodily injury; damage to personal and real property resulting from use of a product including environmental pollution; and third-party claims involving injuries caused by your products.

You’ll want this type of protection so that you won’t be out tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars if somebody sues for damages or losses related to one of your items. Make sure an agent who understands these types of risks will work with you to design a policy.

Commercial Vehicle Insurance:

Commercial vehicle insurance helps protect Florist businesses against accidents caused by vehicles used in business operations. This type of policy typically includes automobiles, trucks and vans owned by the company but can apply even if leased or rented vehicles are being driven during regular work hours for deliveries or other business-related purposes.

A Florist business is a unique and creative enterprise. It requires an understanding of the needs of its customers, as well as liability concerns for both the shop owner and independent contractors alike.


If you would to like to discuss your options for your florist business please call us at 561-732-9305 our quoting hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. In addition, you can request a quote online. Please remember, We Handle All the Work, While You Save!

Let Us Handle All the Work While You Save