People often assume that their car insurance policy will cover all their needs in case of an accident. This is not always the case. When you are choosing your car insurance limits, it’s important to consider what your potential damages might be because of a collision. This article discusses how to find the right balance between having enough coverage and paying too much for liability limits on your auto policy.
What are Car Insurance Limits and Why Do They Matter
Car insurance limits are the amount of coverage that you have on your auto policy. A lot of people overlook this and assume that their car insurance will cover them for any damages, but this is not always the case. Car accidents can cause significant amounts of property damage or medical expenses even when liability is covered by an accident so it’s important to understand how these levels work before deciding about what level of coverage you’ll need.
Choosing car limits hinges on risk tolerance – financial exposure versus peace of mind: If collision and comprehensive losses are low, then higher liability limit may be sufficient because there would be minimal lost income if they were injured in an accident; conversely, those with many assets might want more protection than just liability limits.
– Personal injury protection (PIP)
– Medical payments coverage
– Uninsured and underinsured motorist bodily injury
The right car insurance limit is one that balances your risk tolerance with the value of your assets, as well as any future earning potential you may have.
Your agent can help determine which levels are best for you to choose from, but make sure they’re competent enough or else they’ll end up costing you a lot more overall. One thing’s for certain though: if it isn’t clear what type of coverages apply to an accident then consultation with legal counsel will be beneficial before signing anything! Be safe out there on the roads!
How to Choose the Correct Car Insurance Limits for Your Needs
The right car insurance limit is one that balances your risk tolerance with the value of your assets, as well as any future earning potential you may have. Your agent can help determine which levels are best for you to choose from but make sure they’re competent enough or else they’ll end up costing you a lot more in the long run. One thing’s for certain though if it isn’t clear what type of coverages apply to an accident then consultation with legal counsel will be beneficial before signing anything! Be safe out there on the roads.
The Importance of Choosing the Right Coverage Amounts
Car insurance limits are the maximum amount that an insurance company will pay for a claim. This is known as your policy’s liability limit, and make sure that it is high enough to cover all or part of any judgment against you for bodily injury or property damage in case someone sustains damages while they’re riding with you in their car.
You choose from various levels of coverage such as $100K/$300K/$500K/$900K – but if you think this may not be sufficient then extra coverage could always be purchased individually through specialized policies like umbrella insurance which usually start at around 500k total per incident up to unlimited amounts (although these are more expensive).
One thing’s for certain though if it isn’t clear what type of cover you need then it would be best to get advice from an insurance agent.
Tips on How to Save Money on Your Auto Insurance Policy
– Insurance rates are based on your driving record and the make, model year and value of your car.
– Before you buy a new auto insurance policy for an older used car be sure to review what is covered in case it’s not fully up to date anymore with state requirements – e.g., does it have comprehensive coverage or only collision? It may cost less to update your coverage then purchase a whole new policy so check first before buying!
– Consider dropping collision from your coverages if you’re financing/leasing the vehicle as most lease agreements don’t require this type of coverage while most lenders will finance a newer used auto loan even without any protection against damage other than liability where they could refuse to do so if there isn’t collision coverage.
– Review your insurance annually to make sure you’re not paying for more coverage than what’s needed or getting the best rate possible!
If you are wondering about car insurance, don’t worry! Our quoting hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. You can also request a quote online and we will take care of the rest while you save money on your premiums with our We Handle All the Work policy!
Robert Macoviak is the President of Oyer, Macoviak and Associates. Oyer, Macoviak and Associates is the oldest independent insurance agency in Boynton Beach and has been in business since 1953. Oyer, Macoviak and Associates are vested members of the community who are committed to doing business face-to-face and being your insurance advocate in times of need.