With summer on the horizon, now is the perfect time to complete simple home maintenance projects to maintain your home’s quality and ensure the safety of your family and friends. Check out our 7 easy home maintenance tips for homeowners insurance.
Here are a few projects you can begin today.
- Inspect your roof for damaged or missing shingles. If you notice any shingles cracked, loose or missing, have them replaced.
- Clean gutters using a stable ladder; remove any dirt, leaves or debris. Look for leaking gutters or cracks that may have happened during winter.
- Examine your deck for any rotting or warped wood, rust from old screws, loose screws or cracked floorboards. Now is a good time to also sand any rough patches, power wash and re-stain your deck.
- Clean your air conditioning unit or have a professional handle it. This is the perfect time to replace the air filter too.
- Take a look at your driveway, sidewalk and back patio for cracks in the concrete that need sealing.
- Walk around your yard and identify low-hanging branches that need trimming or uneven areas on the ground that need leveling.
- If you have a chimney, clean it out so it’s ready when you need to use it again next winter. If you plan to clean the chimney yourself, check out these tips from DIY Network.
Before you know it, summer will be here; now is the perfect time to complete these maintenance projects for your home. Put in a little extra work now so you can spend more time this summer relaxing with your loved ones.
If you would to like to discuss your options for homeowners insurance please call us at 561-732-9305 our quoting hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM. In addition, you can request a quote online. Please remember, We Handle All the Work, While You Save!