Oyer, Macoviak and Associates can help make your time on the water relaxed and worry-free! We will find you comprehensive boat insurance protection that protects you, your friends and family, your watercraft, and your boating equipment. The average boat costs less than a dollar a day to insure. You’ll enjoy being on the water even more when you aren’t worried about your safety, the safety your passengers, or your investment.
Do you know what to look for in a boat insurance policy?
Frequently Asked Questions about Boat Insurance
Boat insurance is a legal requirement in many countries, including the US, that you carry boat liability coverage. boat insurance covers all boat-related incidents that cause injury or damage to any boat, person, or object while your boat is being operated. You may also be required to have at least third-party cover for accidents involving people on board (either crew or passengers) or to boat-related incidents while your boat is docked.
It depends on where you live and, of course, the type of boat you have but boat liability coverage generally covers injury and property damage due to accidents involving your boat that occur if: someone falls overboard you lose control of your boat you lose control of your boat and hit someone's boat or property, like a pier repair costs for damage to your boat caused by you hitting something else.
As well as the exclusions that apply to all boat insurance, boat liability coverage doesn't normally cover boat crew personal injury or boat damage boat loss or boat theft boat stunts boat racing boat policy cancellation life support services (i.e. the cost of towing your boat back to shore)
Third-party boat liability coverage covers only damage you cause to other people's property while your boat is being operated. boat accident insurance covers damage that you cause while your boat is being operated or loss of boat, accessories or equipment while under your control. boat liability coverage does not include the cost to repair or replace gear lost overboard during a capsize, for example.
It depends on how much your boat is worth and what boat you have. If your boat is a boat trailer, boat motor or sailboat (or any boat with an engine) more than 20ft long, it's likely to be considered a large boat.
In the US, boat registration typically includes proof of boat liability coverage for third-party boat damages and large boat owners are required to carry additional boat insurance.
Yes - as with any boat or boat-related incident, boat insurance will not cover all boat repairs and boat losses. boat loss is usually covered by boat casualty insurance while boat stunts are excluded from boat liability coverage. boat owner's boat casualty insurance may also cover some of the risk associated with damage to your boat resulting from negligence, such as an improperly mounted engine.
Let us Handle All the Work While You Save
Speak with a licensed agent (561) 732-9305
Boat Insurance in Florida
Here are some items you’ll need to consider when shopping for boat insurance in Florida.
* Navigational Area: Know where you are covered in the water. Some companies, such as Safeco Insurance, offer protection that covers you up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline; into Canadian coastal or inland waters; and into the Pacific coastal waters of Mexico. In Florida, additional coverage area can be purchased.
* Agreed Value Coverage: Watercrafts depreciate just like automobiles. Actual cash value policies can make it difficult to replace a boat that’s been stolen or destroyed. This means that if your boat is a total loss you will get the value you insured it for, minus any deductible.
* Liability: Like car insurance, personal liability coverage provides coverage to other boaters and boat owners in the event you are at-fault for an accident on the water. This coverage will pay to repair or replace the property of someone else as well as for their medical care, lost wages and other costs incurred as a result of a boating accident for which you are at-fault.
* Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Bodily Injury: Since boat coverage is not always mandatory, many boaters choose not to get insurance. If you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater, and you are injured, this type of coverage pays for medical treatment, lost wages, and other costs associated with the accident.
* Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal: Should your boat sink or be seriously damaged, there is a chance that it could leak oil or fuel into the water. As the boat’s owner you are required by law to have this cleaned up, which can be time consuming and expensive.
* Emergency Assistance: The Emergency Assistance Package provides coverage for towing, labor and delivery of gas, oil or loaned battery if the watercraft is disabled while on the water.
Every need is unique – contact us today for a BOAT INSURANCE QUOTE at 561-732-9305 or get a QUOTE ONLINE TODAY to find out how to get the best boat insurance coverage for you. Please also keep us in mind for your other insurance needs-home insurance, auto insurance, business insurance and life insurance.
Boat Insurance Companies We Proudly Represent
At Oyer, Macoviak and Associates we are not captive to one insurance company so we can shop the different insurance companies to give you the best coverage with the best rate.