Here in Florida, we get some wild weather, whether it’s just a typical afternoon thunderstorm or a blustering hurricane. Our homes usually fare these storms fairly well, but if there is one thing that takes the brunt of the force, it is the roof. If you want to protect your roof, make it last longer, and hopefully avoid a homeowners insurance claim the next time a big storm rolls in, use some of these tips.
4 Steps To Protect Your Roof
- Regularly inspect your roof and replace any shingles that are missing, worn, or curling. If you have a metal roof, check for rust or other signs of deterioration.
- Clean out gutters. Debris in the gutters can cause water to back up onto the roof and weaken the structure.
- Trim trees so branches aren’t hanging over the roof. If limbs fall during a storm, your roof will more likely survive without damage. It will also discourage squirrel and other creatures from climbing onto the roof.
- Don’t ignore warning signs, such as leaks. Get any issues fixed immediately so your roof is ready for the next storm.
The roof of your home is the first line of defense during a storm. It doesn’t take much to keep it in good shape. Following these simple steps can save you not only from damage, but the inconvenience of filing a homeowners insurance claim.
There are times when, despite your best efforts, something happens to your home. Very high winds can damage even the strongest home, and if that happens, you can rest assured we are ready to help you. With a solid homeowners policy, you will be able to get repairs made and return to normal in no time. We will be there every step of the way to walk you through the process and answer all of your questions.
If you would to like to discuss your options for homeowners insurance please call us at 561-732-9305 our quoting hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM. In addition, you can request a quote online. Please remember, We Handle All the Work, While You Save!
Latest posts by Robert Macoviak (see all)
- How To Use Technology To Easily Create A Home Inventory - 15/02/2018
- Factors to Consider When Getting Homeowners Insurance - 01/02/2018
- What Kind Of Insurance Does My Small Business Need? - 31/01/2018